11 Best Oral Health Tips To Keep Your Teeth And Gums For Life.
These oral health tips will help prevent and promote oral health throughout your life.
1. Brush your teeth after every meal, at least three times a day. Make sure you brush correctly, as the wrong brush can damage the gums. Ask your dentist or dental hygienist to monitor your cleaning so that they can make adjustments if necessary.
2. Use fluoride toothpaste to prevent cavities and oral diseases. Fluoride is antibacterial and can therefore help eliminate bacteria that cause oral diseases.
3. Use a toothbrush with soft nylon bristles. The misconception that hard bristles clean better than soft ones is about good brush technique, not about what bristles matter.
4. Installation once a day. Make sure your technique is proper so that it reaches below the jaw where bacteria accumulate.
5. Never use the tooth to open objects such as bottles or fruit peels.
6. Quit tuxedo. Smoking not only has a detrimental effect on systemic health, but also severely damages oral tissues. Smoking can cause precancerous and cancerous damage to the tissues of the mouth.
7. Drink plain tea without milk or sugar, this can help prevent cavities.
8. If you can’t eat after a snack or meal, chew a piece without sugar. This will help stimulate the flow of your saliva and loosen pieces of food on the chewing surface of your teeth.
9. Replace the toothbrush approximately every 3 months or earlier if the bristles are bent.
10. Wear sports protection if you exercise.
11. See your dentist and dental hygienist regularly.