Blowing technique was developed by Dr. Joseph Phillips in the 1960s and remains as effective as it was then. The only difference is that thanks to the Internet, more people around the world can use it.

It is quite clear that Dr. Phillips was superior to his time. Dissatisfied with patients returning again and again due to poor gums, he came up with the idea of ​​developing a method to prevent their gums from deteriorating between appointments.

Coincidentally, during the film about African culture, he saw members of the Masai tribe plucking the end of a twig they had picked from the bushes in nature and brushing their teeth. Instead of rejecting it as a primitive tribal habit, he made him wonder how he could apply this approach in his practice.

For further investigation, he discovered this “twig” from the Salvadoran peach (mustard tree) and arranged for some to be sent to him. Applying the same bleached end principle, Dr. Phillips developed a blotting brush using broken nylon bristles. His patients could then use the blotting brush between appointments and immediately noticed that their illness had changed. He then set out to refine his blotting methodology so that Blotting Brush users could get the best out of it.

Dr. Joseph Phillips was a periodontist (gum specialist) who taught every patient that gum disease, subsequent surgery, and tooth loss are completely unnecessary if the mouth is properly cared for. Many dr. Phillips’ research was destroyed in a fire after his death. Therefore, without access to his valuable documents and records, this book can only be treated as anecdotal.

Even after retiring from active practice, he worked tirelessly in the United States and internationally to promote “teeth for life.” Its blotting technique goes beyond traditional cleaning and tooth cleaning procedures to give you a “new clean standard” that promotes the health of your teeth and gums. It’s simple and inexpensive, so this simple technique becomes understandable and accessible to everyone.

The key to shared oral health “for life”

Dr. Phillips described his blotting technique as “an oral care method that actually removes plaque.” In cases where a regular brush with toothpaste can carry plaque around the mouth and even into the gum line, causing gum disease, Dr. Phillips ’blotting technique is a simple means of removing it from the mouth.

The technique itself is based on the action of capillaries: the same principle is applied when a sponge absorbs liquid or when excess paint is drawn on the canvas with the bristles of a brush. The capillary action lifts and traps plaque in the brush so it can be removed.

No matter how well you brush your teeth with a regular brush, your mouth stays 90% dirty.

Some people:

– Get out of bed in the morning and spend about 45 seconds briskly brushing your teeth.

– Only brush your teeth – few people ever brush their tongue, cheeks and gums.

– Since teeth occupy only 10% of the surface of the mouth, what will happen to the remaining 90%? And what would your body be like if you washed only the same 10% every day?

When we first met Dr. Elmar Jung in 2007, I handed him Dr. A copy of Phillips’ book, Acquiring and Maintaining Oral Health, offering to read it and tell me which chapters will need to be reviewed in light of modern methods. . About a week later, Dr. Jung returned the book to me and said that most of it would change. He was surprised that such valuable information was made public many years ago, but remained almost unrecognized.

Conversations with Dr. Phillipsu

During several telephone conversations with Dr. Phillips of Wisconsin in 2001-2002. At the time, he allowed me to explain the reality of dentistry and helped me understand the technique and benefits of his blotting.

After his death in 2003. Dr. Phillips’ work was almost completely lost. While holistic dentists across the U.S. have asked his family to maintain an important legacy and continue to provide available polishing brushes, the energy driving force is gone. Because of the difference these brushes made to our oral health, my wife Phylipa and I didn’t want to be without them. I spoke to Dr. Phillips ’daughter Paula and she gladly allowed me to raise the brushes, as her father had done before.

Blowing brushes: plaque removal weapons

Facebook Comments